Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can you wash clothes in hot water without soap?

My infant is really sensitive to any type of detergent. (Even the free and clear ones) If her clothes have no stains and are not that dirty would washing them in hot water be ok, without the use of detergent? Also, I do know that Cetaphil works great for her as a body and hair cleanser. Has anyone used this on clothes? Or is there anything like it that could be used for laundry? What about plain baking soda? Would that work? If so, how do you use it with a front loader?Can you wash clothes in hot water without soap?
Hot water, if the fabric can handle it is better than nothing. My brother was allergic and the Dr told my mom to use All detergent. I know they also sell baby detergent. Have you tried one of those? Shampoo or baby wash would work better than just hot water but could get costly.Can you wash clothes in hot water without soap?
I am Old. I remember that Castle soap was used for sensitive skin Way Back When. Try going on an I net search for that. Have u tried rinsing in a few drops of vinegar, which neutralizes, then rinsing again ro remove smell. I hope you aren't using fabric softener, that could be the culprit. Just mix a drop or two if vinegar in an oz of water and put it in the softener slot. As for Baking soda, its a great cleaner. U might try that . I think I'd make sure everything is rinsed out thoroughly.


If U are using a Laundry Mat U may have to wash and rinse again with plain water to get it all out. Good luck!
You can wash clothes in hot water w/out using laundry soap, but the clothing will not be clean nor will it smell good. Have you tryed using Ivory Snow, but using a double rinse cycle instead of one? That may help rinse the clothing much better than a single rinse. I'd ask your doctor what laundry soap he would recommend. The Ivory is the gentlest %26amp; maybe a double rinse will not be as irritating. Do not use Cetaphil on her clothing. Do not use baking soda on her clothng either. That doesn't clean %26amp; could really wreak havoc with her skin. Maybe you should consult with a dermatologist. He'd know what you could use safely.
The short answer is YES! You can make your own laundry soap real easy. I make mine all the time. IMHO it cleans better then the store bought stuff, doesn't bother any of my families and way cheaper.





Here is my recipe I make my own soap, but you can use any bar soap. If there is any bar soap that you have used.





4 lbs of soap


4 lbs of baking soda


4 lbs of borax (mule 90 stuff you get it in the laundry section)


8 lbs of Salt ( I use regular table salt, no iodine)





Shred the soap, I use a old cheese grater. Then mix the baking soda, borax and salt with the soap. Now your done. You can add essential oils or fragrance oils to add a scent you like.





You only use a 1/2 cup at a time, and use it just like other laundry soaps.





I use baking soda because it is easier for me to get I live in a very rural area. Most recipes call for washing soda. I've used both now and I like the baking soda better.





I have given this recipe to people with front loaders and it has worked just fine. The salt helps it stay low suds.





Also, I have a big family so you can cut the recipe real easy. I made it this way because items came in 4lb sizes, so it was much easier for me.
You could try baking soda %26amp; vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment