Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I always use cold water in the washing machine, does it matter if I put whites and colors in the same wash?

Also, is color bleeding determined by temperature of water only, or is it affected by type of detergent as well?If I always use cold water in the washing machine, does it matter if I put whites and colors in the same wash?
Some colors bleed just because they are wet. Do not wash whites with any other color for best results. If you do happen to get color bleeding on whites, do not put the item in the dryer, as heat sets the stain. You can put it on a hanger in the bathroom and let it air dry if necessary. Rit makes several


products that will help remove color bleeding problems.If I always use cold water in the washing machine, does it matter if I put whites and colors in the same wash?
Many colored clothes will beed when they are new, even in plain water. But after most clothes have been washed a few times, it's usually okay to mix them, Red can be an exception, though. Red dye can be VERY hard to avoid, so if you aren't sure, soak the item in water to see if the water turns pink.
I never hurt any of my loads to mix the colords with the whites, even in warm water. The only problems come from colors that ';bleed'; or if you intend to use bleach.
If your colored clothes have been washed a lot already then it is probably ok.


If they are new you should not wash them with the whites for several times.


If you put darks, like jeans in with whites, the whites will all have kind of a light grayish tint.


I'm one of those people who likes to try to get as much clothes into one load as I can so I tend to sort them into a lights and whites pile and another pile of jeans and darks. Then there is the towels pile and the very dirty work clothes pile.


Actually the piles are clothes baskets, a different one for each color and everyone is to put their clothes into the right basket. When the basket is full, I wash them. Very easy.
Hey...


I do it all time. I make sure that if I have new colored clothing I wash it w/o whites for the first time or two, just in case the color runs when the garment is new. And while bleeding colors can possibly be caused by temperature, I think the age of the clothing item is a more probable cause. Best of luck to you.
cold water helps stop clothes from bleeding .


as a rule of thumb you should do colors separately .


do whites in hot water with bleach .
Sort your clothes according to color, fabric, construction, linting, soil level.
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment