Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it true that if you put your mouth guard in listerine mouth wash and warm water it will kill the germs?

I have done this for 2 months and was wondering how else to clean my mouth guards.Is it true that if you put your mouth guard in listerine mouth wash and warm water it will kill the germs?
I don't have a mouth guard, but I have something similar that I wear to bed at night. I just brush it with toothpaste when I brush my teeth. I also have tablets that are made to clean retainers and stuff. You just add it to water and it fizzs up. I do that once a week or so.Is it true that if you put your mouth guard in listerine mouth wash and warm water it will kill the germs?
I suspect it will work fine. Don't know how the alcohol will eventually affect the plastic, though. You could also soak them in a 10% solution of bleach and water and rinse them well.
It IS true.





My boyfriend wears a mouthguard every night. Before putting it in his mouth, he gives it a nice ';bath'; in warm water and listerine for about ten minutes.





He still does the brushing in the morning, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment