Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anyone use only water to wash their face?

I recently met a woman with the most beautiful skin I have ever seen. I asked her what products she used and she replied nothing. She just washes her face with water (just like you would with cleanser--just no cleanser!). I've been asking people ever since and I have only found two other people who use that method--one has very nice skin and actually says she used to have acne but it cleared up when she started using water only, the other has pretty congested looking skin.





Has anyone out there actually done this? Has anyone who has/used to have congested skin try it? Did it work? Is there a bad transition period while your skin adjusts its oil production? How long did it take to adjust?Does anyone use only water to wash their face?
Yes of course, i had a very bad experience with fake cleanser , my face was covered with rashes, i was advice to use only water to wash my face to get back to normal, after using only water for two weeks, my face became more beautiful, fresh, in fact i could not believe myself.Does anyone use only water to wash their face?
Its all about genes. IF she has nice skin, its probably genetic. Most people can get away with using NOTHING and not getting pimples. I personally wash my face 2 times a day and dont get pimples, but if I go a few days without washing my face... I start to get oily skin. I wouldnt stop doing what you are doing now, especially if you are prone to acne. Good luck
I only use water.


Some people just have a gene that makes you have poor skin protection agaisnt zits,etc.


But ever once in a while I do use some other stuff.
That sounds good stuff that does. I dont think i could live without my cleanser though. I dont have terrible skin but yes, im always looking for new things to make it better. Hopefully it will in time.





If you try the water thing, good luck, if it works i hope you can e-mail me and i will most definitly try it x
I have VERY oily skin and found that warm water on a washcloth worked as well as any of the special products for oily skin...
Sweets everyone has their own skin regiment and if someone eats apples they get great skin and someone else gets pimples coz I know someone who drinks juices and she gets bad skin and we all know jucies makes skin glow. Same with wine, it can make skin rosy but can also cause allergies to others.





I for example use dove wash and then dry it and then use creams for the extra pampering effect spending 800$ dollars a month alone on my skin and body. But I do have a good skin touch wood and thanks to God, but some friends just have it all badly.





Till today my answer is





exercise and sweating to detox and have ravishing clean clear skin





drinking lots of water





juices





Intake of fruits veggies and proteins





Happiness and laughter





Stress free





and few other choices like good diet etc
it's in her genes that's why she has good skin even though she said she USED TO HAVE acne that means at a certain age it would naturally disappear.





water won't remove the dirt from pollution...so you need soap to remove dirt and oil.
You may read through all these answers and make a decision based on others' experiences, but your skin may react totally differently than these people! Some cleansers may cause irritation due to harsher ingredients, if you have sensitive skin. Others do an amazing job. Try some different methods, and choose for yourself.





About the whole water only thing, I think people who can use only water have great skin to begin with.





Just water cannot cure skin problems. Leading a healthier lifestyle will make it easier to clear up skin.
We in India wash our face with water and soapnut and our women use raw turmeric paste for generations. Only recently the girls are using all artificial things and spoil their face and waste money.
no only using water would be rinsing or splashing your face no washing it! lol
i also only use water and once in a while a herbal cleanser. reason for this is because i have very sensitive skin. I worked fronline for a skincare company for 6 yrs and i have great skin and get complimented on my skin all the time. Because my skin is in such good condition everbody thinks i must use really expensive products but all i do is wash with water and apply a herbal moisturiser!
I used to use cleansers and I had breakouts and acne. But now for the most part I just use water. Every once in a while I will use an all natural cleanser with apricot and bits of peach pit to help exfoliate(found at a health store). Cleansers generally dry out the skin. Even moisturizing kinds can be that way. By using just water your skin can producuce the oils to keep you skin the way it should be. Cleansers will strip the skin of these oils and could actually cause breakouts instead of helping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment