Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does cashmere shrink/tighten up slightly when you wash it in cold water?

I have bought a medium cashmere tunic in a very fine knit but it is a little too big. If I wash it using a cashmere washing agent in cold water will the wool tighten?





If I cannot shrink it very slightly I will have to send it back!Does cashmere shrink/tighten up slightly when you wash it in cold water?
It should not shrink as far as I know. Because we sell cashmere scarves and have not till not listened from any of our customers that it shrinks. Also we ourselves have tested, 100% cashmere doesn't shrink. But I have come across sweaters in market which shrinks. But then most of cashmere in market is not really 100% cashmere as for sweaters , people do mix other fibres with cashmere.





My suggestion to you will be send it back if it doesn't fit.Does cashmere shrink/tighten up slightly when you wash it in cold water?
If the label says to dry clean only--then please do so. Take care.
It probably will.
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment