Sunday, December 20, 2009

I bought a rug from ikea, and it says to ';professional flat wash (water)';?

does anyone know what this is?The rug only cost 拢6.99, and I am quite attached to it, so dont really want to part with it, especially as they dont sell them anymore!But it is filthy!





I was thinking of maybe just putting it in the bath with some detergent and rinsing it down with the shower head, as supposed to paying to get it cleaned which costs a bomb!





Any suggestions??I bought a rug from ikea, and it says to ';professional flat wash (water)';?
For a 拢6.99 rug I would give it a goI bought a rug from ikea, and it says to ';professional flat wash (water)';?
Sounds like you have the answer, if you can, hang it out of doors to dry, the air will make it smell fresher!
Wash outside on the driveway with a garden hose and detergent.
I would put it in the washing machine on cool, with some detergent, then dry it flat
I don't know anything about your rug, but one of my suppliers recommends building a little frame (for example, from timber), laying in some sheet plastic to make a flat tub, put the rug in there, and then soak in water-based cleaning solution.
Myself? I would throw it in the washing machine on a warm only wash with some powder. It wasn`t expensive, it will cost more to have it pro., cleaned. I suppose you could try a carpet foam, but if its really dirty, it could take 2 cleanings. You havent got much choice really, go on bite the bullet!

No comments:

Post a Comment