Sunday, December 20, 2009

What should I add to ordinary water to wash my jeans without losing its color?

I have several jeans pants. But if I wash it it loses its color and looks old. What should I add to water to prevent this. I am using detergent to wash it.


Dry wash is not preferred. It is expensive.What should I add to ordinary water to wash my jeans without losing its color?
You can find some helpful information on preserving the color of your jeans here: http://www.jeanshub.com/JeansCare-preser鈥?/a>What should I add to ordinary water to wash my jeans without losing its color?
Turn them inside-out, wash them with a Dark fabric laundry soap (sold with the other laundry products). Short time in the dryer to get out the wrinkles then hang to finish drying. I bought a second shower curtain rod and placed it higher than the shower head but parallel to the bathtub enclosure. There I hang things to finish drying. Things that I try to keep from fading or shrinking or things that need a little extra care during the laundry process. Yeah, it's a little more work than tossing them into the washer and then into the dryer, but it keeps our clothes looking new for a long time.
Personally I love when my jeans get a faded worn out look, but if you like them looking crisp wash them in cold water only and use a mild detergent like woolite. It helps keep clothes from color fading. Also, use a fabric softener like downy in the rinse cycle to keep them soft which helps the fabric from breaking down. Let them air dry over a clothes rack instead of the dryer.
Pour a good cup or so of white vinegar in the washing machine and fill as usual. Let soak for an hour or so. Then wash. I do this with all my new dark towels and it works well.
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment