Thursday, December 24, 2009

Why is it that when i wash clothes the water backs up into my bath tub?

when the washer is draining, water and sometimes ';gunk'; comes up in the bath tub. this has only been happening for a few months and i have lived here for 2 years. i have tried draino in the tub and all sinks. we have town water and not a well if that matters.Why is it that when i wash clothes the water backs up into my bath tub?
There is a stoppage somewhere between the house main line and the street. Water draining from the washer is coming back into the house; the tub line may hook up with the washer drain line at some point,and the stoppage is after that point. You need to have a plumber snake the line to clear out the stoppage.Why is it that when i wash clothes the water backs up into my bath tub?
your main sewer line is clogged you could have a possible root problem . yuor bathtub is the lowest part in waste line that has a p-trap (unless you have a shower) so that make it the best place for gray-water to back up.
We had this problem for a long time. if I remember right (I was a little kid then) it was a venting problem. A plumber can fix it up for you.
is there a tree on your property ? It may be time to call Roto Router some times roots grow out into your drainage lines and cause back ups. This happened to me in my first place a rental. i totaly freaked it was also comming up into my sinks
Maybe your septic system needs to be emptied (pumped) out. They eventually get filled with toilet paper and everything else. Rid-X is supposed to be a good product to eat the waste so it doesn't build up but, I think you will have to get it pumped out first. Call Rotor Rooter or the honey wagon guy.
I had a similar problem a few months ago. Like you I was hoping it would unblock with draino type unblockers and I finally had to call a Mr. Rooter and The problem was no more! bettyk
U have a restricted drain someplace. Better to get a plummer now before it stops draining all together.


You could try a stronger drain product. Acid can be got at hardware to kill roots.
Could be tree roots in the underground pipes. If you lease call the owner-if you own the property use a snake-it's a tool to run far into the pipes and will chop up the tree roots which will allow them to flow through the septic pipes and carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment