Sunday, December 20, 2009

What will happen if you cold water wash a dry clean only shirt?

You may ruin it. Some fibers should not go through the washer, though I can't think of any offhand.





Or you may have it come through just fine. I drop rayon in all the time, figuring the ';dry clean only'; rayon is just as washable as the ';wash gentle, hang dry'; rayon I own.





Whatever you do, don't dry it in the dryer. Hang it dry or lay it flat. Actually, that's a pretty good technique to make all your clothes last longer, not just the ones that you're washing in ways that go against the label directions.What will happen if you cold water wash a dry clean only shirt?
I have found that I can usually wash most things that they say you can only dry cleanWhat will happen if you cold water wash a dry clean only shirt?
You know I've alway's wondered the same thing. I have no idea but I alway's wanted to attempt it to try it. Good Luck with the answers.
depends on the fabric.sometimes it shrinks so be careful
It will probably be fine. To play it safe companies put strict washing guidelines on their clothes. Just make sure you line dry it.
Depends on the material. I've done this before, but only with certain materials/knits. I ruined a linen dress that way...was ankle length and became a mini-dress. :) If it's a tightly woven rayon, it'll probably be ok.
I do it all the time I've never had a problem, just use cold water, with the delicate cycle and hang dry. Buy Wrinkle release to get the wrinkles out if necessary. Oh yeah I use woollite as the detergent it's nice and gentle on the fabric.
It could get badly out of shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment