Thursday, December 24, 2009

Would using cold water to wash a car windshield on a hot day, cause it to crack?

I noticed a very fine line in the windshied while washing it. Never noticed it before.Would using cold water to wash a car windshield on a hot day, cause it to crack?
Not too likely, although in theory, it may be possible. Since you're probably not using ice water, I don't think there's that much difference in the temperature of the glass and the water.





Besides, what do you think would happen when you're driving in sleet or snow and you've got your defroster and/or defogger going at full blast.





No, I don't think the difference in temperatures caused the crack; it may have been a stress crack, or a rock, or just about anything else, but I doubt the water did it! Good luck!Would using cold water to wash a car windshield on a hot day, cause it to crack?
Yes it can that is if the windows have been closed all day and in the sun. best advise is crack open you windows befor you wash or due it in the evening.
I say yes and why would you chance it?
It shouldn't. Do windshields crack if it rains on a summer day?
I really have my doubts on that one. Actually, I don't think it's possible.
No it will not. But pouring hot coffee on a frosted over windsheild will cause it to crack all over... trust me on that one
Depends on how hot the windshield was and how cold the water. It presumably could.
yes it is common....

No comments:

Post a Comment